So you attended an online webinar, or maybe read a blog post about how easy it is to rank on Google Maps if you just follow a “simple process”. The fact is, even veteran SEO experts are challenged with ranking in google maps.
Think of it as a TV Show or Blockbuster Movie. Ranking a business or non-profit in Google takes a variety of skillsets, takes time, and patience. If it was super easy, and we could get it right on the first try, SEO Companies would be non-existent.
With that said, here are a few real easy things to check if you are not visible in Google My Business or the Google Maps.
- Incomplete or Inaccurate Business Information: Google Maps relies on accurate and comprehensive business information. If your business details such as name, address, phone number, or website URL are incomplete or incorrect, it can hinder your visibility. Ensure that your business information is accurate, consistent, and up-to-date across all online platforms.
- Unverified Google My Business Listing: To appear on Google Maps, you need to claim and verify your Google My Business (GMB) listing. If you haven’t completed this process, Google may not recognize your business as legitimate. Verify your listing by following Google’s verification process, which might involve receiving a postcard with a verification code.
- Violations of Google Guidelines: Google has strict guidelines for businesses listed on Google Maps. Violations of these guidelines, such as using a fake address, creating multiple listings for the same business, or engaging in fraudulent activities, can result in your business being suspended or removed from the platform.
- Lack of Positive Reviews and Engagement: Google considers user engagement and reviews as signals of a business’s legitimacy and relevance. If your business has few or negative reviews or lacks engagement with customers, it might affect your ranking on Google Maps. Encourage satisfied customers to leave positive reviews and respond to reviews promptly.
- Competitive Market and Optimization: If you’re operating in a competitive industry or location, it might be more challenging to rank prominently on Google Maps. Businesses that have optimized their Google My Business listings, provided complete information, and garnered positive reviews are likely to have an edge. It’s important to consistently optimize your GMB listing, update posts, and engage with customers.
Try to optimize your profile by following this guidelines or contact us!